I’m Beth and I’m 42 years old. I’d like to share a personal story that I know will resonate with you…
I cannot remember a time in my life when I did not struggle with my weight. I was an overweight child, and that followed me into my teen years and adulthood.
When I was 6 years old, my mother passed away unexpectedly.
From that moment on, my whole world was turned upside down.
With a father who I saw little of, food became the only constant in my life.
I became a secret eater and never wanted anyone to know how much I was actually consuming. I was ashamed of my eating habits and my weight, but I didn’t know how to change it.
As an adult, I tried time and time again to lose weight.
I would always rotate through Weight Watchers, Atkins and South Beach. I’d be successful with each of the diet—and would lose a few pounds here and there.
But I could never sustain it.
I would eventually gain it all back and then some. At my heaviest, I weighed 212 pounds. I remember seeing that number on the scale—but it didn’t faze me.
I had resigned myself to being fat for the rest of my life, as it seemed impossible to ever reach a healthy weight.
My blood sugar level was dangerously high
During a doctor’s visit for my annual physical, I was told my blood sugar level was dangerously high. Dr. Kaufman didn’t sugar coat it (no pun intended). He told me that if I didn’t lose at least 40 pounds, I would have a very high chance of developing full blown diabetes.
Dr. Kaufman sent me home with an Accu-Chek device to monitor my blood sugar level everyday. His parting words were, “Don’t forget to exercise more and eat more vegetables”.
For the next few weeks, I was determined to lose weight. Not only did I not want to prick myself everyday for the rest of my life, I knew being diabetic was akin to a life sentence.
My aunt was diabetic and almost died from gangrene infection.
I took Dr. Kaufman’s advice to heart—ate more vegetables and tried to exercise regularly. I was too embarrassed and self conscious to join a gym so I walked everywhere instead.
But my progress was slow. I only lost 3 pounds in the 3 weeks that followed Dr. Kaufman’s visit and my blood sugar level remained high.
I had never felt more defeated and helpless in my life and was ready to just give up.
The answer I needed was on Quora
I remember one night reading answers to weight loss questions on Quora when I stumbled across a woman’s comment about the Favorite Foods Diet program by Chrissie Mitchell . The Favorite Foods Diet had helped her lose 31 pounds for good.
It was the type of result I was looking for and it compelled me to watch Chrissie’s presentation on his unique weight loss system.
Brian’s presentation resonated with me and made me believe that this time, it would be different and I would lose weight for good.
And so, that presentation, was the start of my final weight loss journey.
I followed the Favorite Foods Diet Program as closely as I could
The premise behind Chrissie’s Favorite Foods Diet program is simple and backed by science.
It’s about understanding your body’s hormones and how the nutrients you take in control how much fat your body stores and how much fat your body burns.
If you can maintain a certain positive balance, your body will continuously be in a fat burning state and you’ll get off the weight loss carousel.
The Favorite Foods Diet program consists of 4 parts, each with its own handbook—Diet, Workout, Supplement and Motivation.
Since my eating habits was my biggest ‘downfall’, I focused solely on following the steps in the Diet Handbook and did not bother with the other 3 parts.
The Diet Handbook gave me a list of foods that I needed to eat and foods that I had to stay away from, as well as the times during the day I should eat those foods.
The science behind this is that by eating the “allowed” foods at the appropriate times, your body will correct any hormonal imbalance and force your body to burn fat instead of store it.
My very first step (which wasn’t required but I recommend every person does this) after familiarizing myself with the Diet Handbook was writing down everything I ate the previous week, and compared them to the list of foods in the Diet Handbook.
I was surprised to discover just how much more food I was eating on a daily basis, and not to mention how much unhealthier they were.
For the following 14 days, I ate the foods that was ‘allowed’ in the Diet Handbook and stayed away from those that were not allowed. And followed the times during the day I should be eating those foods.
The eating plan in the Diet Handbook was straightforward and simple to follow but I found it difficult to keep up at the beginning, as my job required me to attend lunch meetings almost everyday.
But I stuck to the eating plan as closely as I could, and it got easier as days went by.
I did not focus on exercise
As far as exercise went, I did not have a workout routine, even though the Favorite Foods Diet program came with an easy to follow Workout Handbook.
I knew I needed to focus 100 percent on getting my diet under control. In the past I had tried to do too many things at once, and I always got overwhelmed and would give up and go back to my old ways.
What I did though, was go for an hour long walk around the park near my house every night, without fail.
I was pleasantly surprised with the results
Since I followed the 2 Week Diet, here are the SHOCKING results I experienced that I will always be thankful for:
- I lost 16 pounds by the end of the first 14 days of following the Favorite Foods Diet program,and a total of 64 pounds at the end of 4 months. It’s been eight months since I lost all the weight and I have not gained any back.
- My blood sugar level decreased significantly down to within the normal range. Dr. Kaufman was surprised with my quick transformation and jokingly asked for the Accu-Chek device back. I said no, I’m keeping it as a constant reminder to what could’ve happened if I hadn’t lost the weight.
- Physically, I feel great. I have so much more energy and stamina and I no longer get tired doing simple things like walking up the stairs.
- My confidence has come soaring back. I always used to be terrified of being made fun of or someone pointing out my weight, but I no longer have to worry about that. Losing all that weight felt like a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders. I am not as scared to talk to people anymore either. I always tried to make myself invisible before, but now I feel ok just living my life and being myself. Overall, I just feel more carefree and happier.
- I have noticed a huge difference in the way people treat me. I feel like I get a lot more positive attention, and people are more likely to listen to what I have to say. Because of this, I find that I’m a lot more likely to express my opinions and speak up for myself.
- I now really enjoy shopping! I used to hate shopping and wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible, but now I love spending time trying on outfits. I’m no longer afraid of changing rooms! I also have embraced my feminine side and love getting dressed up, whereas before I would just try to hide my body as much as possible.
My advice to woman who have struggled to lose weight
It takes time for new habits to stick, especially if they involve those that you have had since when you were a kid. You really have to be patient and give yourself a chance to succeed.
We all have days that aren’t as great as we wanted them to be, but that’s not a reason to give up. Don’t try to be perfect all the time, just try to do better than you did yesterday. Eventually you’ll have more good days than bad days, and the bad days will become all but insignificant.
You must realize that the weight loss process is an exciting and fulfilling journey for life, and not a punishment with an end date. Trust in yourself, and take it one day at a time.
If you’ve struggled with weight loss before and require discipline and a structured plan to get started, you owe it to yourself to try the Favorite Foods Diet by Chrissie Mitchell. It’s a straightforward and effective weight loss program that not only helps you lose weight but the tips and tricks you’ll learn will form the basis of your healthy eating and living habits going forward. And believe me, when you see the results, they will stick to you for life!
I really hope it has even a fraction of the impact on your life that it has had on mine because the information you’re about to learn has forever changed my life.